You are currently viewing a single post within a discussion thread.

Return to full discussion thread: Ichimoku Kumo breakout strategy ...

Ichimoku Kumo breakout strategy ...

Old December 12th, 2011, 05:28 PM   #28 (permalink)
 Hifive5 
Elite Member
Scottsdale,AZ

Trading Experience: Advanced
Platform: Ninja trader
Favorite Instrument: ES, Currency Futures, Forex, oil, gold, EUR/USD

Ichimoku Strategy

Hi Overview,
I read this thread and i really hate to see it stopped without any success.
I do not have much coding background so i went and used the NT7 wizard to create a strategy for Ichimoku indicator.
Attached are the file used to create the strategy, and they are similar to ichimoku.zip file. I used the ichimoku one just to get the missing cloud colors from the other indicator.
My strtegy does use Patel's four rules.(please check the attached file to learn more about the rules)
To get the startegy to recognize Chiku rule I added 26 to "Bars Ago" and strategy established the Buy/Sell entrances.
The only thing I am still working on are the Exits. I think I missed Patel's suggestion from his last webinar, so I will review it again and make some adjustment to the startegy. If no suggestions were found regarding Exit strategies then I may use Exit when trend reverses. I will read Patel's book to come up with more Exit positions ideas.
From that point up, I really would like more members to get involve so we can get a robust Ichimuko startegy.

Note:
I ran that one using 120 minutes and found out that it works fine but each trade would be stopped on close time. I went and changed the default of "Exit on Close" to False but could not get trade to stay open till next trade.
For lower time span we may need to change
Please review and i hope that will work for you too.

Regards,
HiFive5

Attached Thumbnails
Ichimoku Kumo breakout strategy ...-long.gif   Ichimoku Kumo breakout strategy ...-short.gif   Ichimoku Kumo breakout strategy ...-4-rules-patel.gif  
Attached Files
Register to download File Type: zip AaIchimokuNT7.zip (11.6 KB, 64 views)
Register to download File Type: zip Ichimoku.zip (6.9 KB, 89 views)

The following user says Thank You to Hifive5 for this post:

Page generated 2014-04-20 in 0.12 seconds with 17 queries on phoenix via your IP 54.198.34.238